DEPARTMENT OF ANAESTHESIOLOGY
Dr. P. Bhattacharyya, MD, PDCC, Professor and HOD
Dr. Mohd. Yunus, MD, Additional Professor
Dr. Nari M Lyngdoh, MD, Associate Professor
Dr. Jayanta Kr. Mitra, Assistant Professor
Anaesthesia department started since Feb 2005. Pain clinic and PAC clinic were started at Interim Hospital in April 2005. Department was shifted to main campus on 20th June 2006 Operative services & Intensive care unit were functioning from August 2006. Presently department is managed by four faculty members, six senior residents and four junior residents.
- Having 2 major and 1 minor operation theatre at Casualty Block
- 1 CTVS OT
- 31 Beds Intensive Care Unit( ICU)
- Pain Clinic OPD & Intervention Suite
- PAC Clinic OPD
- Anaesthesiology services are provided for 3 operating table in Emergency operation theatre complex including major & minor, scheduled and emergency surgeries/procedures round the clock.
- The department is providing Elective and Emergency Anesthesia services to patients from:
- General Surgery
- Cardiothoracic vascular Surgery
- Obstetric Gynecology
- Interventional Radiology
- Non-Interventional Radiology
- Intervention Pain Services
- 24 hr Resuscitation services to entire hospital.
- Critically ill patients as well as post-operative patients are provided intensive care and therapy in Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Pre-Anaesthesia Evaluation Clinic in the OPD block provides services ‘for the optimization surgical patients’ for various surgical procedures.
- Pain clinic takes care of chronic pain patients with interventional and non-interventional therapies.
- The Department is providing round the clock Labour Analgesia services.
- Post-operative pain (Acute Pain) Services round the clock.
ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES AND TRAINING
- Classes (Modalities involved - Lecture, discussion, Journal Club, Case presentation, product representations, equipment discussion, quality control analysis etc.) are conducted regularly involving Residents, Technical/Non-Technical staffs, Nursing staff & faculties
- Classes on various topics (as selected after discussion with College of Nursing Authority, NEIGRIHMS) are taken for B.Sc Nursing Students throughout the academic session.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Long term vision of the Department is to operationalise the following :
- Acute Pain Services for all post operative patients round the clock for 48 hours of post-operative period or more.
- Post Doctoral Certificate Course (Critical Care) for doctors possessing MD (Anesthesiology) or equivalent qualifications. We plan an intake of 6 per year. Awaiting Institute’s approval.
- Critical Care Certificate courses for Nurses (Post Basic). Candidates should have Graduate degree in nursing or at least 3 years experience after Certificate nursing. It will be of 2 years duration.
- OT & Allied Services Technician Course- B.Sc:/ Diploma Duration: 3 years. Awaiting Academic Committee’s approval to be followed by NEHU approval.
- Basic Life Saving Training Module.
- DM Cardiac Anaesthesia for Doctors possessing MD (Anaesthesiology) or equivalent qualifications. Proposal to be submitted to Academic Committee followed by NEHU for approval. We plan an intake of 2 candidates per year. Course is of 2 years duration.
- DM Critical Care (2 years duration) for Doctor possessing MD (Anaesthesiology) or equivalent qualifications. Proposal to be submitted to Academic Committee followed by NEHU for approval. We plan an intake of 2 candidates per year. Course is of 2 years duration.